Many of our recent users have found Zenkit To Do while on the hunt for a Wunderlist replacement. If that's you, welcome!
All Wunderlist users were able to export all of their data from export.wunderlist.com until November 15th 2020. This export is no longer available, however many will still have their ZIP files saved. We have built an import function for the ZIP file you receive from this site. The ZIP import will import all information from your tasks, including task assignments, notes, subtasks, comments, and more.
How to import your Wunderlist ZIP file into Zenkit To Do
- In Zenkit To Do, tap or click on "Import from other apps" and choose "Wunderlist Import".
- Tap or click on "Click here to select the "Tasks.json" file." and browse for the file on your device.
- Tap or click "Import".
After a moment, you'll see a list of all your lists and folders. You have several options available:
- Import all lists and folders by clicking the blue "Select all" button at the bottom of the import dialog.
- Import all lists from a particular folder by tapping or clicking "Select all" next to the folder name.
- Import individual lists by tapping or clicking on the list name. They will get a blue check mark.
- You can also toggle on or off the option to save space by importing only active tasks (i.e. those not marked as complete).
Once you've made your selection, tap or click "Import" in the top right hand corner again. Depending on how much data you have in Wunderlist, this may take a little while.
Wunderlist is able to give the names of the people you've shared lists with and assigned tasks to, however due to data privacy laws, they're unable to share the email addresses of those people. This means that when you see the name of another person in your imported lists, it's a "Dummy User" created by Zenkit To Do to act as a placeholder.
To swap a dummy user with a real user, please do the following:
- Open the imported list and tap or click on the list name
- Go to "Access"
- Tap or click on "Invite or Match" next to the name of the dummy user. On your desktop this button will only appear on hover.
- To add an existing user: The search bar will automatically add the name of the dummy user and look for a Zenkit user you already collaborate with. If they don't pop up, it may be because they use a different name in To Do (E.g. Alex vs Alexander). Try typing a different name, or type in the email address they use to log in to Zenkit To Do.
- To add a new user: Tap or click "Invite [name] to Zenkit" at the bottom of the dialog or screen. Type in the new member's name and email address and click "Send Invitation".
Troubleshooting: You may get an error when inviting a new member that states "This email is already in use". This means that this person has already registered for a Zenkit To Do account. If you don't already collaborate with them, add them as a member to your list as usual, then follow the steps above to match them to the dummy user.